Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Question What is stored in the temp folder in the C:\ drive?

Can you delete it safely, or does it retain bot settings and things? Sorry if it's been covered somewhere else or I posted this thread in the wrong location, it's just taking up 4.9gb of data on my limited space C drive and I'd like to free some up if possible.

RuneMate Staff
If you're referring to C:\Users\YOURNAME\RuneMate

Then this houses cached files for bots, as well as various other configuration files. You can delete the folders for individual bots, but this may delete your presets for those bots.

If your navigation data is abnormally high, then you can delete that via the client Edit > Preferences > Scroll to bottom "clear navigation data"

Exactly what I was looking for thanks a lot !

edit: it turns out it is C:\Users\YOURNAME\RuneMate\temp taking up about 3gb. Meanwhile C:\Users\YOURNAME\RuneMate\bots\storage\shared\nav which I assume is the navigation data is only 1gb.

What exactly is in the temp folder and is it safe to delete? The files are in hex format, so it's not clear what they are for.

Last edited:
RuneMate Staff
Exactly what I was looking for thanks a lot !

edit: it turns out it is C:\Users\YOURNAME\RuneMate\temp taking up about 3gb. Meanwhile C:\Users\YOURNAME\RuneMate\bots\storage\shared\nav which I assume is the navigation data is only 1gb.

What exactly is in the temp folder and is it safe to delete? The files are in hex format, so it's not clear what they are for.

The temp folder contains files required for RuneMate to run, you can delete it if you wish to clear out old/outdated files, but RuneMate may need to be reinstalled to work properly and/or missing files will just be downloaded again.