Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

OSRS What exactly is the norm for very old temp Botting bans... does it get reset back to 2 days, or no?

long story short, I got a temp ban in 2013 for botting smithing.

Played legit for a few years, started playing full time again in late 2020.

All my offenses are WAAY past the point of having any sort of effect on the account. They're just prior offenses.

I am 100% aware that NO Botting is safe, and I 100% accept the risks of using bots to supplement my account. But, after 10 years, do these offenses end up getting "reset" back to a first offense? ie I will receive a 2 day ban instead of a perm? I work full time and stay pretty busy, and I just need a small amount of supplemental assistance to keep up with my friends that no life the game. Maybe 10% of my playtime is botted, and I stay pretty smart with it.

If anyone can speak from experience, let me know!

Bot Author
It varies, you're never 100% safe which you've already stated and in MOST cases yes, they do get 'reset' as such and your previous offences don't take place BUT (big but) they can just perm ban you if they feel like it.