Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

VisualRM [DEV]

Jagex Secret Police
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me out quick? I've been trying to create my first bot all day today. I can't figure out for the life of me how to successfully execute a very, very simple bot (in my opinion.) I'm trying to create a Cannonball bot for RS3 to work with the new smelting interaction menu (new mining and smithing rework interface) I can't seem to open the furnace unless its an action but then I cannot create an action to hit "Begin Project" which is where "confirm" use to be. I don't need it to go to the location or anything, I have no problem setting it up in front of the furnace and I already have all of the steel bars in my metal bank. I seriously just need it to make two clicks every 6 minutes... I doubt this should take more than a few minutes once i figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thank you in advance for any help!!
What you need to know is the interface ID of the new smithing interface. You can find this with visual developer (a separate tool which can be found in the bot store). I can help you though in this case, the interface object number is 37 for this interface. Next, use this number in the interface condition node and check the "visible" box in the dropdown query. If succes -> use keyboard interaction and let it press space. You do need to select the cannonballs manually before starting the bot however, it will not select the cannonballs for you. Would take some more complicated steps for that.

I'm having the same problem with the interface as 99 magic man. I'm trying to use the crafting interface, but I'm unsure how to get it to click "craft". I can get everything from the bank, move to where I need to, and then click on the game object. But then I cannot get it to craft, it just stops, hahah. Any help would be appreciated.
The standard crafting interface? Or the new smithing one? Standard crafting interface can be done with the build in interface condition and interaction nodes.

https://www.visualrm.com/logic-nodes

Last edited:
What you need to know is the interface ID of the new smithing interface. You can find this with visual developer (a separate tool which can be found in the bot store). I can help you though in this case, the interface object number is 37 for this interface. Next, use this number in the interface condition node and check the "visible" box in the dropdown query. If succes -> use keyboard interaction and let it press space. You do need to select the cannonballs manually before starting the bot however, it will not select the cannonballs for you. Would take some more complicated steps for that.

The standard crafting interface? Or the new smithing one? Standard crafting interface can be done with the build in interface condition and interaction nodes.

https://www.visualrm.com/logic-nodes

Ok so I'm trying to build this now and am having trouble finding where to add the "object value" in interface condition node. I only see "Condition, Type, and Game objects" and value is greyed out if I choose visible. I will gladly PayPal someone for their time if they could help me over this learning curve. I feel as though I'm gaining a lot of knowledge of flow charts but am missing something obvious. Again thanks in advance!

ok im sorry I was under calculated condition because that was where I remembered seeing "visible" in a drop down menu. My bot is now completely unresponsive in game so I'm enclosing a screenshot of my setup for ease? (Don't laugh lol) Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 10.33.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 10.33.01 PM.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 10
Jagex Secret Police
Ok so I'm trying to build this now and am having trouble finding where to add the "object value" in interface condition node. I only see "Condition, Type, and Game objects" and value is greyed out if I choose visible. I will gladly PayPal someone for their time if they could help me over this learning curve. I feel as though I'm gaining a lot of knowledge of flow charts but am missing something obvious. Again thanks in advance!

ok im sorry I was under calculated condition because that was where I remembered seeing "visible" in a drop down menu. My bot is now completely unresponsive in game so I'm enclosing a screenshot of my setup for ease? (Don't laugh lol) Thanks in advance!
I cant figure this out either.
Check out the node documentation page https://www.visualrm.com/logic-nodes
And search this thread for how to use interface conditions/interactions. This has been discussed multiple times already. Always enable visual debugging while testing your bot to determine where it is getting stuck.
And finally, you could also check out the way in which public bots are structured. I learned a lot this way myself

Trying using a calculation condition of distance less than, with a value of 10, then set success interact with the gameobject and set failure to traverse to destination using coordinates, use the "get" command under coordinates while standing where you want your "destination" to be, this will force your bot to walk to the coordinates you set, and continuously check for the coordinates within 10 game blocks (not sure what measurement is used honestly) if it fails it will continue to coordinates, if it succeeds it will interact with the furnace, remember to set a crafting window condition with the value "is open" before the interaction with the furnace otherwise it will constantly spam the furnace with clicks, then just set it up so it can coordinate around the crafting window, you seem to have some of that accomplished, I use OSRS so it's much simpler but I'll post a screenshot of my interaction for you.

dq40ew.jpg

ji2y40.jpg

Be warned that I'm not exactly the most advanced bot creator with VisualRM but I've gotten the basics down, hopefully these above images help you.

thank you for the pics! I'm a visual learner and that just helped me a ton in understanding. I will go attempt to create this again and post back!

Was wondering if anyone could help me out with a sawmill bot within the woodcutting guild. I have almost all of it down, the condition nodes work fine, banking works fine, transversals etc. The issue I am facing is when I use the npc action and the interface opens up there are just pictures of the different logs. How would i get the bot to select the oak option and not the others to make all planks? The reason this is confusing to me is that typically in the game object option or npc option in the upper left hand corner of the screen will have an option for a game object and then an action for that object. For instance, "chop-down ... tree" but in this case there is no difference between each of the log options.

Was wondering if anyone could help me out with a sawmill bot within the woodcutting guild. I have almost all of it down, the condition nodes work fine, banking works fine, transversals etc. The issue I am facing is when I use the npc action and the interface opens up there are just pictures of the different logs. How would i get the bot to select the oak option and not the others to make all planks? The reason this is confusing to me is that typically in the game object option or npc option in the upper left hand corner of the screen will have an option for a game object and then an action for that object. For instance, "chop-down ... tree" but in this case there is no difference between each of the log options.

Just create a sprite with the same name as the item you're trying to create in-game (Name = "Oak Planks" Description = "Oak Planks" Type = Sprite)

Then just set the bot up to choose to create Oak Planks when the window is open, I'm not sure how RS3 works for crafting windows but it shouldn't be that much more complex than OSRS.

Just create a sprite with the same name as the item you're trying to create in-game (Name = "Oak Planks" Description = "Oak Planks" Type = Sprite)

Then just set the bot up to choose to create Oak Planks when the window is open, I'm not sure how RS3 works for crafting windows but it shouldn't be that much more complex than OSRS.
It's for OSRS, thanks for the tip.

It's for OSRS, thanks for the tip.

Oh, super easy then, go to the crafting window and just look for the name of what you want to create, then like I said just set it up to navigate around the crafting window and you'll be set, best thing to do to prevent mass-spam clicking on a gameobject is to use "Is animating (2s delay)"

I recently finished up my second bot which completes the werewolf agility course, but I feel that it isn't efficient enough. Especially the time spent on obstacles could be reduced massively, like the stepping stones at the beginning.

I can't get hover interactions to work, which would probably help with anti-ban and XP rates.
Features like banking for food/potions hasn't been added yet, mainly because my testing account doesn't need to restock frequently.

Could anyone help me improve the bot? Thanks in advance :)

(I plan on sharing it on the VisualRM website, I just want to improve it as much as possible first.)

Last edited:
So with this am I able to attempt to create the steps for the bot without being logged in or do I need to be logged in for it to grab id of objects in-game?

easily triggered ✌
So with this am I able to attempt to create the steps for the bot without being logged in or do I need to be logged in for it to grab id of objects in-game?
Runemate doesn't run on ID's so 'Teak tree' is a 'Teak tree';

but no you don't have to be logged in, but in order to run the bot, runemate needs to bind to the oldschool client

Runemate doesn't run on ID's so 'Teak tree' is a 'Teak tree';

but no you don't have to be logged in, but in order to run the bot, runemate needs to bind to the oldschool client
Do you know if we are able to import someone else's VisualRM script and modify it if needed? I found one but I think it might be outdated. Just want to make sure everything is ok or modify it to a way that I think would be "better".

easily triggered ✌
Do you know if we are able to import someone else's VisualRM script and modify it if needed? I found one but I think it might be outdated. Just want to make sure everything is ok or modify it to a way that I think would be "better".
Yes click load bot