Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Things I check when choosing bots

Hey guys :)

Thought I'd offer some insight on the things I personally look at when choosing which bot to use, and in turn may help the bot authors. FYI, I have an account almost maxed with over 2100 total level and a combined boss kc of 2-3k which has been fully botted except quests/diaries, because I pick my bots based on the things below:

Feedback
Reviews are a huge part of choosing a bot. Obviously we all like to see 5-stars, but as long as I see the bot author is addressing peoples concerns, I don't immediately get put off by a bad review. Cuppa and Hexis are good examples of being responsive (I won't name-drop the bad ones, but there are a couple I try to avoid).

Customisation
The more features I have an input on, the more likely I will pay for a bot. That way, I know I am not doing the exact same thing as the other thousands of users. While it may not make a difference to Jagex bot detection, it makes me slightly more comfortable.

Example: Hexis slayer assistant lets me choose how many cannon balls are left, before it will refil the cannon.

Pathing/Navigation
If I take the smithing bots as an example (this problem is not exclusive to smithing). There are multiple bots that will click outside of the varrock west anvil room, despite being able to see the anvil on-screen from the bank. This has resulted in quite a few negative reviews and puts off potential customers like myself. If it's on screen, just click it directly.

This is where CuppaJava gets things right, and why I have chosen his smithing bot over some of the others. His bot clicks the anvil directly from the bank, and the bank directly from the anvil. It's immediately more human-like.

Free Trial
Bossing bots in particular can be quite expensive. They are mostly $0.20 an hour, and personally I have spent hundreds of hours on bossing bots. It is extremely frustrating when fighting complicated bosses with tricky traversal methods and the boss fail-safe stops the bot because we have done something wrong, or the bot itself has a particular setting that is buggy (this is not exclusive to bossing bots).

Happy botting! (y)