Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bug runemate down ? - Error Failed to bind to the game client because of sessionintializationexeption

hey all, i've been botting for months now & never and issues then all of a sudden i get this error message out of nowhere ...

is the system down right now ?

i have uninstalled,installed restarted PC nothing works. it does work with runelite. ive turned off firewall settings, but it makes no sense why out of the blue mid botting it stops.error.png

Last edited:
Ensure RuneMate is up to date, and close all instances of RuneLite/OSRS and RuneMate.
You can also manually re-install RuneMate. If nothing works, a PC restart is always a smart thing to do.

Ensure RuneMate is up to date, and close all instances of RuneLite/OSRS and RuneMate.
You can also manually re-install RuneMate. If nothing works, a PC restart is always a smart thing to do.
Hello, done all of the above, uninstalled and re installed. restarted x 2 times - no change

Mod Automation
Please post logs.

08:24:54 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Deleted 0 files over a week old
08:24:54 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] RuneMate Version: 4.7.0
08:24:56 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Logged in to RuneMate SSO
08:25:07 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Created bot group 19176/Hexis Tithe Farm/0de79ee0
08:25:07 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Spawning attach JVM...
08:25:08 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Unable to initialize the communication bridge. Please restart RuneMate and try again. Contact support if the problem persists.
08:25:08 [ERROR] [ RuneMate] Failed to bind to client
com.runemate.client.bind.SessionInitializationException: Failed to bind to client
at nul.iIiiiIiiiiIiiiI.iIIiiiiIIIIIIII(rea:516) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
at nul.iIiiiIiiiiIiiiI.iIIiIiiIIIIIiIi(rea:221) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
at nul.iIiiiIiiiiIiiiI.run(rea:77) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
08:25:08 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Failed to bind to the game client because of a SessionInitializationException.
08:25:08 [ERROR] [ RuneMate] Failed to start instance
com.runemate.client.bind.SessionInitializationException: Failed to bind to the game client because of a SessionInitializationException.
at nul.iIiiiIiiiiIiiiI.iIIiiiiIIIIIIII(rea:438) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
at nul.iIiiiIiiiiIiiiI.iIIiIiiIIIIIiIi(rea:221) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
at nul.iIiiiIiiiiIiiiI.run(rea:77) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
08:25:12 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Logged out of RuneMate SSO

Guys, I am pretty sure it is because OSRS client is going out of date .. you can’t download just the RuneScape client anymore for your legacy characters only Jagex characters can access the regular RuneScape client.

All my legacy characters are running on runelite with no issues, I uninstalled the old school client to tried to re-download which I couldn’t find the source to do so then found this out.

OSRS clients ( not through Jagex launcher ) won’t bridge anymore.

OSRS clients via Jagex launcher do bridge

Runelite for both Jagex launched and regular non Jagex bridge both.

Same. I'm ready to give up on RuneMate already and I've only had it a week. First I had monumental issues with it working upon install, full system reset etc. Then it went down on Saturday, now this. It's *not* worked more than it has for me. May leave it a few days and give it another go but I'm glad I only put $10 in, was looking really forward to using it :(

Last edited:
@arbiter This is still an issue - an update recent on runemate client has broken this link.
I have done the above and updated all - still broken and no change to my issues.

Mod Automation
@arbiter This is still an issue - an update recent on runemate client has broken this link.
I have done the above and updated all - still broken and no change to my issues.
Can you try disabling your antivirus and/or Windows Defender and trying again?

Mod Automation
Just tweaked another thing. Can you try again and let me know if it worked?