Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Resolved Runemate Data Breached?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there must be a data breach for rune mate as all my accounts were wiped and now all of a sudden i am required to put a vault code in to access my accounts? I know this is runemate specific as i have mules to hold money that weren't touched but any account that was on runemate had bin wiped. I'll be disputing any money spent here as clearly this botting service has bin compromised. I run top of the line cyber security and my computer notified me right away once the accounts were touched. They targeted them via a driver runemate installs upon install.

Client Developer
No, we haven't been compromised, the Vault is a new security feature. If you launched RuneMate on a second device, it won't be aware of the default Vault password that was set for you, so it can't unlock it to read your accounts. I don't even know what that last sentence means...

Read more:

RuneMate Vault is a security feature which protects your OSRS account details behind a secondary PIN or password, so if somebody gains unauthorized access to your RuneMate account, they will not be able to gain access to your OSRS account details.
  • Initially, all of your accounts will automatically be encrypted with a random password.
  • You can change this password by clicking the padlock (
    bd07a7a4ce1d65f7dc77.svg
    ) button in the accounts side panel.
  • You can opt to have RuneMate remember this password on this device, so you don't need to enter it every time.

No, we haven't been compromised, the Vault is a new security feature. If you launched RuneMate on a second device, it won't be aware of the default Vault password that was set for you, so it can't unlock it to read your accounts. I don't even know what that last sentence means...

Read more:

RuneMate Vault is a security feature which protects your OSRS account details behind a secondary PIN or password, so if somebody gains unauthorized access to your RuneMate account, they will not be able to gain access to your OSRS account details.
  • Initially, all of your accounts will automatically be encrypted with a random password.
  • You can change this password by clicking the padlock (
    bd07a7a4ce1d65f7dc77.svg
    ) button in the accounts side panel.
  • You can opt to have RuneMate remember this password on this device, so you don't need to enter it every time.
I mean thats complete bs, I even checked myself on a kernel level that the breach was from runemate, everything about your client and program screams unsafe and wants access to things it shouldn't need. It's funny how each time this has happend its bin running your bots and client, as i said before it was only accounts linked to runemate that got hit and every other account was fine.

Client Developer
I mean thats complete bs, I even checked myself on a kernel level that the breach was from runemate, everything about your client and program screams unsafe and wants access to things it shouldn't need. It's funny how each time this has happend its bin running your bots and client, as i said before it was only accounts linked to runemate that got hit and every other account was fine.
Are you just saying buzzwords that you think give what you're saying some credibility? I'm not quite sure what it is that you aren't understanding... We released the Vault feature last month, and if you're half the "security expert" that you claim to be, you should know exactly what that means.

How can I recover the account information? I created a new password, but the previously registered accounts do not appear. or will they appear on my main device?

Status
Not open for further replies.