Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Quick Question about IP/ Accounts

Hello Runemate Community,

I was just wondering 3 things.

1. Let's say I buy tutorial done accounts from someone. That person is I'm assuming going to rotate the accounts on residential IPs. But what happens when I log into the accounts on my own proxy? Am I due for a lock in that case? And how do you avoid it?

2. Do you still need to use a proxy even if you're using VPS? Or does the VPS have its own IP address? Not sure how that works so if anyone could clarify would be excellent.

3. The gold farmers who are running 100+ f2p accounts at a time. Do they use proxies? Or does it not really matter as they're suiciding?

Thank you

Last edited:
Community Manager
Hello Runemate Community,

I was just wondering 3 things.

1. Let's say I buy tutorial done accounts from someone. That person is I'm assuming going to rotate the accounts on residential IPs. But what happens when I log into the accounts on my own proxy? Am I due for a lock in that case? And how do you avoid it?

2. Do you still need to use a proxy even if you're using VPS? Or does the VPS have its own IP address? Not sure how that works so if anyone could clarify would be excellent.

3. The gold farmers who are running 100+ f2p accounts at a time. Do they use proxies? Or does it not really matter as they're suiciding?

Thank you
1. Locks are usually done “instantly” if they’re going to be done, as in the first time you log onto the account from another IP. (Not 100 about this one though.)

2. As long as the VPS isn’t flagged you should be fine without proxies, the VPS will have an IP address from the provider.

3. They use proxies/VPS’s, as IP flagging seems to be a thing Jagex does.