Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

OSRS New Free/Fremium/Lite structures seem small/sparse.

The new store system makes understand trial / fremium limits near impossible.

e.g. If i sort by "free" it will show fremium models and it seems many developers have adopted different pricing structures.
i.e. Dans Giant Foundry used to be like 7 hours rotating weekly, now its .5 hrs a day.

I would love to know if anyone has a running list of real "lite/free" bots that actually are free or have large fremium hours. Also feel free to correct me.
Been botting with this site for years but took a break for a while and there have been some massive changes.

Cheers

Bot Author
In the bot store, it will tell you if the bot supports a free trial and the price (if paid bot) else it will say free.

1728073952668.png

Yeah no doubt, i understand. I've been a supporter and of course paid too.
I just mean the new model is difficult for consumers.
@oogle, the free trial time is so unstandardized it goes from rotating weekly hours to half an hour a day, so the data isn't sortable or recognizable in client. Even if on the bot's info-page sometimes an author wont mention the trial's time, so i kind of just 'find out' after the trial runs out and lets me know about the timelines.

Just a commentary on previous models vs updated models
Cheers all

Bot Author
Yeah no doubt, i understand. I've been a supporter and of course paid too.
I just mean the new model is difficult for consumers.
@oogle, the free trial time is so unstandardized it goes from rotating weekly hours to half an hour a day, so the data isn't sortable or recognizable in client. Even if on the bot's info-page sometimes an author wont mention the trial's time, so i kind of just 'find out' after the trial runs out and lets me know about the timelines.

Just a commentary on previous models vs updated models
Cheers all

The bots we produce usually have 1 hour trial per week. Take that with a pinch of salt as on a few expensive bots it may only be 30 minutes per 7 days, but 9 times out of 10, it will be 1 hour per week.

Thanks heaps both of ya,

Also,
Check the bot store under FREE, to get all "Free" bots, We Bot makers have no incentives to make/release FREE bots
RMate doesn't separate the free from freemium/free-trial in client or web (pic related).
I mean, this whole platform is an example of growing a user-base via free (albeit sometimes broken) bots, then capitalizing on large-audience to gain high-quality developers coupled with notoriety & trust to bring in customers who would pay .20 for bossing bots that dont even recoup their cost in gp/hr vs price of gold.

In terms of incentive: Cuppa for example has a handful of 100% bots, brimhaven agility, fishing trawler, etc. and these free bots push the user towards using his tempoross/rooftop bots over another's because they work, they're reliable, and the user has grown acustommed to the interface or w/e.. But maybe that's a cherry-picked example of good-business.

I was curious if the community had a list, as i took a few months break, but it would be even better if the list was accessible/built in. :) just checkin.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 7.42.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 7.42.53 PM.png
    455.5 KB · Views: 2
Mod Automation
Bot Author
Thanks heaps both of ya,

Also,

RMate doesn't separate the free from freemium/free-trial in client or web (pic related).
I mean, this whole platform is an example of growing a user-base via free (albeit sometimes broken) bots, then capitalizing on large-audience to gain high-quality developers coupled with notoriety & trust to bring in customers who would pay .20 for bossing bots that dont even recoup their cost in gp/hr vs price of gold.

In terms of incentive: Cuppa for example has a handful of 100% bots, brimhaven agility, fishing trawler, etc. and these free bots push the user towards using his tempoross/rooftop bots over another's because they work, they're reliable, and the user has grown acustommed to the interface or w/e.. But maybe that's a cherry-picked example of good-business.

I was curious if the community had a list, as i took a few months break, but it would be even better if the list was accessible/built in. :) just checkin.

Agreed to what you're saying, however, the free bots are usually smaller bots which are very niche and won't be used for a long period of time, for example... Fishing trawler is basically a one time use once you have that outfit on your account, unless you're building an army of accounts, you'll probably not use it again so making that a free bot some what makes sense.