Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Question lost access to one time code protection cant get into account

i had the codes on the google authenticator app. my phone was broke and when i transfered all my data to my new phone the codes were no longer stored. i have no way of recovering the codes and i cant figure out how to turn off the two step authenticator to get back into my account that had money still in the wallet

RuneMate Staff
If you had a 2FA method in place and did not save the backup codes, then there is nothing we can do to restore access to your account.

You will need to create a new account.

Mod Automation
If you are prompted for a "One time password" (OTP) when logging in to RuneMate, but you don't remember it, then it means that at some point you had set up two factor authentication using a mobile authenticator app. At this time you were also presented with a very scary message that said you needed to save a set of backup codes or you would be locked out of your account. Since then you may have lost the app, gotten a new phone, etc. and have since just resorted to using an alternate method like having it sent to your email. You did not delete the app OTP that was set on your account. We now only allow email OTP if you do not have an app authenticator set up.

Are you 100% sure you never set up an app authenticator?
You may truly believe that, but we can guarantee that you did. No worries. You listened to that very scary message and saved your backup codes right? You can use your backup codes to login to your account and update your OTP options and/or reset your password with it.

Didn't listen to the very scary message and don't have your backup codes?
Unfortunately, your password and OTP is how you verify ownership of your RuneMate account. OTP wouldn't be much use if you could bypass it right? You can register a new account, and be sure to listen to that scary message about backup codes if you choose to set up app OTP again.