Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

OSRS Looking for OSRS Cannonball Maker

Simple bot, takes steel bars from bank in Al Kharid /Shilo village and creates cannonballs. Willing to pay hourly rate for something like this, I have over 100K steel bars to use lol.

Author of MaxiBots
What's the profit per hour for cannonball making? I might move the rewrite of my cannon ball maker up the priority list.

OSRS Services | Questing + Much More..
Cannonballs make around 500k - 700k per hour depending on how constant you keep the flow between bank - deposit - withdraw - smith - repeat. Guessing that the way that the runemate client works, you'll make around 350k - 500k per hour.

Assuming you have a fire staff

Cost to Make (C2M as of this post)

1. Nature Rune - 258 GP
  2. Iron Ore - 166 GP
  3. 2X Coal - 296
Regents yield one steel bar. One steel bar yields 4 cannonballs.

Cost of Finalized Product(CFP)
  • 1 cannonball - 213 GP
  • 4 cannonballs (what's given by a single bar) - 852 GP a bar
  • Profit of 132 GP / Bar -> profit of 3,696 PROFIT per inventory
Finalized results of 100,000 steel bars smelted into cannonballs

• 13.2M GP profit
  • 5.3M Magic XP
  • 4.31M Smithing XP

The way I look at it, regardless of how long it takes, you're botting. You're not doing anything by hand so any profit is free money for you since you're not doing anything to work for it.

Author of MaxiBots
Assuming you have a fire staff

Cost to Make (C2M as of this post)

1. Nature Rune - 258 GP
  2. Iron Ore - 166 GP
  3. 2X Coal - 296
Regents yield one steel bar. One steel bar yields 4 cannonballs.

Cost of Finalized Product(CFP)
  • 1 cannonball - 213 GP
  • 4 cannonballs (what's given by a single bar) - 852 GP a bar
  • Profit of 132 GP / Bar -> profit of 3,696 PROFIT per inventory
Finalized results of 100,000 steel bars smelted into cannonballs

• 13.2M GP profit
  • 5.3M Magic XP
  • 4.31M Smithing XP

The way I look at it, regardless of how long it takes, you're botting. You're not doing anything by hand so any profit is free money for you since you're not doing anything to work for it.
While that's true, hourly profit is still a valuable metric because other methods might be more efficient at making you money. Or if the bot is premium, you need to know that you're going to be making a worthwhile amount of money because you get charged for each hour of use.

It seems that most premium bots charge <= .10 / hr of usage. I'd say 10 bucks is worth it if you get 100 hours to use that bot. I did this solely for getting smithing and magic XP and making enough profit to finish off to 99. Profit is just an additional benefit. I agree there are better ways of making gold (I've made a TON using some herb methods I used to use back in the day).

+1 to anyone who makes this though to get back on topic.

Author of MaxiBots
It seems that most premium bots charge <= .10 / hr of usage. I'd say 10 bucks is worth it if you get 100 hours to use that bot. I did this solely for getting smithing and magic XP and making enough profit to finish off to 99. Profit is just an additional benefit. I agree there are better ways of making gold (I've made a TON using some herb methods I used to use back in the day).

+1 to anyone who makes this though to get back on topic.
Well as i said before, i'll rewrite my cannonball maker soon :p