Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

hacked

got booted off while using bot and watching it, logged in 20 seconds later lumby bank and emptied. nice one runemate.

RuneMate Staff
Nope, wasn't RuneMate.

It's either one of the "YouTube giveaways" you've seen advertised at the GE, a "Sparc Mac quitting!!!1!1!" Twitch stream" or other phishing site that has gotten your details, or an easy to guess username and password with no two factor authentication set.

Why would we risk our entire reputation over the little gold/items a user would have?

There are people (myself included) who trust RuneMate with hundreds of millions or even billions of GP, max accounts and more.

I'd love to take a look at your computer over TeamViewer to see your browsing history and scan your computer, as I can almost guarantee I'd find the fault is at your end. :rolleyes:

The amount of people that get hacked and blame it on the client is ridiculous. I would bet OSBuddy or similar would be more quick to hack you then runemate. Plus whatever accounts you bot and have login details in the client for shouldnt have much gold on them anyway as the gold should be transfered to a main daily.

I dont even have a pin or 2FA on my main, no trouble so far because any runescape related content I browse I do it on my phone and the only rs type stuff I do on PC is launch the official client and runeamate.

Nope, wasn't RuneMate.

It's either one of the "YouTube giveaways" you've seen advertised at the GE, a "Sparc Mac quitting!!!1!1!" Twitch stream" or other phishing site that has gotten your details, or an easy to guess username and password with no two factor authentication set.

Why would we risk our entire reputation over the little gold/items a user would have?

There are people (myself included) who trust RuneMate with hundreds of millions or even billions of GP, max accounts and more.

I'd love to take a look at your computer over TeamViewer to see your browsing history and scan your computer, as I can almost guarantee I'd find the fault is at your end. :rolleyes:

yo dont forget fake runelite

Some data breaches a few weeks back (Not Runemate related) would've compromised a lot of emails. Did you have two factor authentication on your email? A bank pin?

My account got hacked today, early morning i think, I'm sure it was runemate GG :( Didn't check my email about the " change your password " thing, My fault but still fuck the humanity

So freaking mad over this

I got hacked too, early this morning on my new account that i used runemate with, I don't trust this, they even say in the email sent to my email that i shoudl change my password quickly , i did not notice this post, It's my fault but fuck humanity. really sad

Runemate always gangs up on people claiming to be innocent lmao.

I started 2 months ago, both me and my friend, both hacked same day two weeks later for our bank. No other sites used, haven't even played runescape in like 7 years, and never used any "risky" websites. Im not 14, I'm not entering my pw on a website in hopes to receive a blue party hat in return anymore.

Botting is risky, and runemate is the best client out there, so I didnt make a fuss about it.

But continuing to post the same "Its not runemate" post is disturbing, cringey, and unethical

Runemate thrives on its client and know people would rather take the risk and lose their bank than sitting in front of a screen for hours and hours training. If the client wasn't as good as it was and other options existed, I'm sure the RM population would've dissolved already.

Java Warlord

I started 2 months ago, both me and my friend, both hacked same day two weeks later for our bank. No other sites used, haven't even played runescape in like 7 years, and never used any "risky" websites. Im not 14, I'm not entering my pw on a website in hopes to receive a blue party hat in return anymore.

Botting is risky, and runemate is the best client out there, so I didnt make a fuss about it.

But continuing to post the same "Its not runemate" post is disturbing, cringey, and unethical

Runemate thrives on its client and know people would rather take the risk and lose their bank than sitting in front of a screen for hours and hours training. If the client wasn't as good as it was and other options existed, I'm sure the RM population would've dissolved already.
feel free to debug any sorts of connections going from the client to the runemate server. you'll find that the only time it's transferring your accounts login information (IF you enter them into the client) are encrypted. they're encrypted with your runemate login credentials (maybe amongst other things, idk). Technically arbiter could use the rm credentials you're sending to the server by logging into the client to decrypt your players credentials.

Let's ignore that this is already extremely unlikely, but okay, it is a minor security flaw.

Now arbiter has hundreds of thousands of player account credentials. What's he gonna do then, just pick random ones? or go after a specific runemate user? there isn't even a guarantee those credentials are valid.

Runemate sends very few information such as gp in inventory, any rings of duelings equipped, or a part of your quest list, in order to build navigation paths using runemate's web. this data isnt even mapped to a distinct player you've added to your client, just to your runemate user.

Lets assume he'd go by the accounts with the most wealth currently in the inventory by using the data of a completely different service (it's getting more and more ridiculous as you can see). Now if arbiter logged into these accounts, you would see a lot of users complaining about locked accounts due to suspicious account use, namely differences in IPs, jagex does that pretty easily.

Now i've seen some ban reports, and i've seen some "hacked" reports, but i've never seen a single "account locked" report on the forums.

Please do not feel offended, i really just want to make things clear.

Last edited:
Also, as per @American Express
upload_2018-9-28_20-53-4-png.6939

That's how many people have used RuneMate.

Posting the same information I do every time this topic comes up:

• Are you sure you haven't used an easy to guess username/password combination?
  • Or that you're using a combination that has been leaked from an external database breach?
  • Or you downloaded a gold generator or similar program?
  • Clicked on any suspicious URLs from Twitch streams etc?

There is NO way RuneMate would hack you for your gold/items. We would not risk our entire reputation over the small amount of gold/items any user would have.

Furthermore, from the moment you enter your username/password combination in to the client, the information is immediately encrypted and impossible for anyone to read and use.

Bot Authors do not have access to your username or password. The only person who does is YOU.

There have been many accusations of this over the years and almost every single time without fail the user has later determined the fault occurred elsewhere.

To summarise and make it extremely clear, RuneMate did not hack you and steal your items.

Haven't played in around 5 days and logged back to find I was also hacked. I doubt it was runemate as I've been using this client for 7 months and nothing has happened. Though I have never signed up for anything suspicious nor have downloaded anything that could compromise the account. Strangely, I had a bank pin as well as I'm not sure how the hackers could have known that as well. The only other client I've used is Runelite.

Author of MaxiBots

And what do you expect us to say instead then? We're not going to change our response for each case of users not knowing how to make their account secure or for every 12 year old that has downloaded a fake client that installed a RAT on their pc.

Just think for a second. Why would we steal from the average users account when we have goldfarmers on here pulling in thousands of dollars worth of gold every week? It would make more sense to steal from them, yet you don't see them complaining about being hacked. Why? Because they're not dumb enough to install stupid shit or fall for phishing emails. It's that simple.

It's funny you guys always claim to have not downloaded anything that would compromise your account. The whole point of those things is that the person downloading it or clicking on it it through email doesn't know that they're going to get hacked.

Last edited:
I know this isn't a comment about being hacked, but I just find it weird.. I got a 1 day ban yesterday & today there's 1,000 less people on runemate.com I saw & heard a lot of bots were buggin', i'm afraid to use runemate again after this happen :[