Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bug Failed to communicate over the communications bridge. Please restart and report this error to the Runemate team if this error continues.

Miss
Hi, I've been getting this error (Failed to communicate over the communications bridge. Please restart and report this error to the Runemate team if this error continues) for more than 5 months. I've tried deleting/installing Runemate, multiple times, with removing appdata files, with and without vpn, everything I can think of and I still can't run any bots :( Anyone have advice?

Oh I managed to fix this by disabling active virus protection on windows 11. Seems like every time I would try to run a bot my antivirus stopped it.

Mod Automation
If you get the error code 831468 when starting a bot, Windows Defender may have quarantined one of our files (this is normal). Add an exclusion for RuneMate in Windows Defender and then restart your computer.

Miss
I added RuneMate as an exception in windows firewall ("Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall), on both Private and Public.

Then, I went to Virus & Threat protection, settings, exclusions, and added the folder where I have RuneMate installed so that the virus scanner isn't doing anything silly to it.

I then went into Malwarebytes, settings, exclusions, and excluded the RuneMate folder from threat protection in Malwarebyes,,just in case that was messing something up.

Then I restarted my PC, ran RuneMate as an admin, and still exactly the same error.

I have multiple other bot clients on my PC and none of them have ever caused so much annoyance. I'm literally wanting to feed the bot makers money, and I can't.

Miss
Oh I managed to fix this by disabling active virus protection on windows 11. Seems like every time I would try to run a bot my antivirus stopped it.
I tried doing this just now on W10 (i.e. turning off virus and threat protection), but still no luck.

Mod Automation

Miss

Thanks.

The most recent log I have from just now (windows defender firewall disabled) can be seen below. I think the log is long because I tried to run it a few times.

13:14:00 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Deleted 0 files over a week old
13:14:00 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] RuneMate Version: 4.0.37
13:14:10 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Logged in to RuneMate SSO
13:17:10 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Renewing bot session(s)
13:17:34 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Created bot group 12320/Dan Giant Foundry TRIAL/570fb092
13:17:36 [ERROR] [ RuneMate] Failed to retrieve bridge version due to a communications error
java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating connection to: 10.5.0.2; nested exception is:
java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:638) ~[?:?]
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:217) ~[?:?]
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:204) ~[?:?]
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:133) ~[?:?]
at java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invokeRemoteMethod(RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.java:215) ~[?:?]
at java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invoke(RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.java:160) ~[?:?]
at jdk.proxy3.$Proxy41.getVersion(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at nul.IiIIIIiiiIiIiiI.getVersion(kea:236) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
at nul.iIIIIIiiiIIiiii.IIiiiIiIIiiIiiI(aba:421) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
at nul.iIIIIIiiiIIiiii.iIiiIIiIIiIiIIi(aba:183) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
at nul.iIIIIIiiiIIiiii.run(aba:119) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect
at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Net.java:579) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Net.java:568) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.connect(NioSocketImpl.java:593) ~[?:?]
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:327) ~[?:?]
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:633) ~[?:?]
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:583) ~[?:?]
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:507) ~[?:?]
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:287) ~[?:?]
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(TCPDirectSocketFactory.java:40) ~[?:?]
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:620) ~[?:?]
... 10 more
13:17:36 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Failed to communicate over the communications bridge. Please restart and report this error to the RuneMate team if this error continues.
13:17:36 [ERROR] [ RuneMate] Failed to start instance
nul.iiiIIIiiiIiIIIi: Failed to communicate over the communications bridge. Please restart and report this error to the RuneMate team if this error continues.
at nul.iIIIIIiiiIIiiii.IIiiiIiIIiiIiiI(aba:349) ~[RuneMate.jar:?]
13:19:01 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Created bot group 12320/Dan Giant Foundry TRIAL/7eae2b2b
13:19:01 [ERROR] [ RuneMate] Failed to retrieve bridge version due to a communications error
java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating connection to: 10.5.0.2; nested exception is:
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:217) ~[?:?]
at java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invokeRemoteMethod(RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.java:215) ~[?:?]
at java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invoke(RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.java:160) ~[?:?]
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(TCPDirectSocketFactory.java:40) ~[?:?]
... 10 more
13:19:01 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Failed to communicate over the communications bridge. Please restart and report this error to the RuneMate team if this error continues.
13:19:01 [ERROR] [ RuneMate] Failed to start instance
nul.iiiIIIiiiIiIIIi: Failed to communicate over the communications bridge. Please restart and report this error to the RuneMate team if this error continues.
13:19:24 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Created bot group 12320/Dan Giant Foundry TRIAL/51163b08
13:19:25 [ERROR] [ RuneMate] Failed to retrieve bridge version due to a communications error
... 10 more
13:19:25 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Failed to communicate over the communications bridge. Please restart and report this error to the RuneMate team if this error continues.
13:19:25 [ERROR] [ RuneMate] Failed to start instance
13:19:31 [INFO ] [ RuneMate] Logged out of RuneMate SSO

Mod Automation
@rin hoshi this looks like a network firewall issue. Do you have any other antivirus or firewall software running on your computer? If so, you should try setting an exception for RuneMate or temporarily disabling it to see if that resolves it. As you can imagine, there is only so much we can do to help you resolve a local area networking issue.

Miss
@rin hoshi this looks like a network firewall issue. Do you have any other antivirus or firewall software running on your computer? If so, you should try setting an exception for RuneMate or temporarily disabling it to see if that resolves it. As you can imagine, there is only so much we can do to help you resolve a local area networking issue.
The only thing I have aside from windows default stuff is Malwarebyes, and I already added an exception for that and through firewall, while having my antivirus disabled. I don't know what is blocking it if it's none of those 3 :(