Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bug Code confirmation does not arrive in the email

Anc

Good afternoon, I speak Portuguese so I may not be able to express it correctly, my account is Guimarques, so there is no confirmation email for logging in through the website, I accessed another account and started using it, but it doesn't work because it says 2 accounts have the same access.

the code does not arrive in the email

Attachments

• imagem_2024-05-15_155740393.png
    imagem_2024-05-15_155740393.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Primate
If you are prompted for a "One time password" (OTP) when logging in to RuneMate, but you don't remember it, then it means that at some point you had set up two factor authentication using a mobile authenticator app. At this time you were also presented with a very scary message that said you needed to save a set of backup codes or you would be locked out of your account. Since then you may have lost the app, gotten a new phone, etc. and have since just resorted to using an alternate method like having it sent to your email. You did not delete the app OTP that was set on your account. We now only allow email OTP if you do not have an app authenticator set up.

Are you 100% sure you never set up an app authenticator?

You may truly believe that, but we can guarantee that you did. No worries. You listened to that very scary message and saved your backup codes right? You can use your backup codes to login to your account and update your OTP options and/or reset your password with it.

Didn't listen to the very scary message and don't have your backup codes?

Unfortunately, your password and OTP is how you verify ownership of your RuneMate account. OTP wouldn't be much use if you could bypass it right? You can register a new account, and be sure to listen to that scary message about backup codes if you choose to set up app OTP again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anc

If you are prompted for a "One time password" (OTP) when logging in to RuneMate, but you don't remember it, then it means that at some point you had set up two factor authentication using a mobile authenticator app. At this time you were also presented with a very scary message that said you needed to save a set of backup codes or you would be locked out of your account. Since then you may have lost the app, gotten a new phone, etc. and have since just resorted to using an alternate method like having it sent to your email. You did not delete the app OTP that was set on your account. We now only allow email OTP if you do not have an app authenticator set up.Are you 100% sure you never set up an app authenticator?

Every 30 days I needed to log in to the website and confirm the number that was sent to the email, as I said today I logged in and the email with code didn't arrive in my account, I accessed another account and it worked normally, however using scripts, it lasted 15 minutes and access is denied for having 2 accounts at the same time

I don't have access to the account that is having a problem, because the email doesn't arrive, I can't log in, I'm reporting the problem

Primate
Every 30 days I needed to log in to the website and confirm the number that was sent to the email, as I said today I logged in and the email with code didn't arrive in my account, I accessed another account and it worked normally, however using scripts, it lasted 15 minutes and access is denied for having 2 accounts at the same time

I don't have access to the account that is having a problem, because the email doesn't arrive, I can't log in, I'm reporting the problem
it means you set up app authentication and forgot about it

the only way to regain access to your account is by using app authentication or by using backup codes if you saved them before losing access

Anc

I don't have anything saved, so what can I do? ask to delete an account? Or after a certain period of time without access, it turns off the accounts on its own and I can use another account?

Anc

the only way to regain access to your account is by using app authentication or by using backup codes if you saved them before losing access
I don't have anything saved, so what can I do? ask to delete an account? Or after a certain period of time without access, it turns off the accounts on its own and I can use another account?

Anc

I only lost access because there was an update on the website, if it hadn't been I would have had normal access, as I was able to make configuration changes when accessing with login and password, now I only do it after the email arrives, that's what happened with this one. , the emial arrived but to enter the forum he needed to authenticate and asked for an email or this other authenticator

Anc

When I went to access it for the first time after the update, I even tried to recover the password to see if I could access it, but the link to change the password arrives, but then it needs confirmation, it continues in the same situation

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 3
Primate
if you don't have access to your authenticator and you don't have backup codes, you'll have to make another account as mentioned before

Anc

if you don't have access to your authenticator and you don't have backup codes, you'll have to make another account as mentioned before
account created, but this error

Attachments

• imagem_2024-05-15_172230204.png
    imagem_2024-05-15_172230204.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 7
Mod Automation
I have the same. Didnt have an auth app. But the mail isnt going into my mail box.

Are you 100% sure you never set up an app authenticator?

You may truly believe that, but we can guarantee that you did. No worries. You listened to that very scary message and saved your backup codes right? You can use your backup codes to login to your account and update your OTP options and/or reset your password with it.

Unfortunately, your password and OTP is how you verify ownership of your RuneMate account. OTP wouldn't be much use if you could bypass it right? You can register a new account, and be sure to listen to that scary message about backup codes if you choose to set up app OTP again.