Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bug Bot stopped as expected but client remained connected, using up hours

Hello, I just experienced an issue where a bot I was using stopped as expected when it hit the time limit I set, but the client remained connected in a "waiting for settings" state for about 30 hours, rather than stopping as it always has in the past. I've never seen this behavior before.
This used up my remainder of time for the month. I'm wondering if it can be credited back.
I have the logs for both the client and the particular bot I was running, and I'd be happy to PM them to any one who could give me my hours back.

Thank you for you help.

easily triggered ✌
No the hours will not be credited back, they were given to you for free

are you for real dog?

Pay the $4 lmao

No the hours will not be credited back, they were given to you for free

are you for real dog?

Pay the $4 lmao

Irrelevant. I am a paying customer. I buy credits, and not all of the cost of the credits goes to the bot authors, certainly.
I get that this is a "black market" thing without any real support. But on principle I'm not "paying the $4 lmao" for something that's broken and cost me hours anyways.

Whether or not they will credit back, this is a bug that could be significant. Still worth posting about.

easily triggered ✌
Irrelevant. I am a paying customer. I buy credits, and not all of the cost of the credits goes to the bot authors, certainly.
I get that this is a "black market" thing without any real support. But on principle I'm not "paying the $4 lmao" for something that's broken and cost me hours anyways.

Whether or not they will credit back, this is a bug that could be significant. Still worth posting about.
Bruh you buy $10 in credits a month hop off your horse and get a job if this is too much money for you

Bruh you buy $10 in credits a month hop off your horse and get a job if this is too much money for you
Doesnt matter if he buy 10$ or 1000$ per minute. A bug is a bug. And being charged for nothing is still something to be concerned about. If you willingly dont care to give money to people you can redirect me your funds anytime, I dont even understand how y'all can act like this and think long term itll be good for any of your customers.

cuppa.drink(java);
Hello, I just experienced an issue where a bot I was using stopped as expected when it hit the time limit I set, but the client remained connected in a "waiting for settings" state for about 30 hours, rather than stopping as it always has in the past. I've never seen this behavior before.
This used up my remainder of time for the month. I'm wondering if it can be credited back.
I have the logs for both the client and the particular bot I was running, and I'd be happy to PM them to any one who could give me my hours back.

Thank you for you help.
Which bot?

Typically you'll want to contact the author directly for a refund (or rather request it through Sign in to RuneMate with context/logs), but yeah it's technically at the authors discretion, especially with (potentially) Runemate issues like this

Bot Author

Thank you for you help.
Sounds like an out-dated bot to me, but as Cuppa said, it's down to the author to refund.

@cuppajava @bing bong Thanks for the replies.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. It was a free bot in this case, but even though the bot stopped as expected and logged out my account, for some reason the client did not drop it's running state (continuing to use 30 hours of the 200 we're given each month). I therefore assumed it was an issue with the client, but it sounds like you're telling me it could be the bot.

It was Mike's Bankstander, which is new, and has been awesome. @michael5555

Bot Author
@cuppajava @bing bong Thanks for the replies.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. It was a free bot in this case, but even though the bot stopped as expected and logged out my account, for some reason the client did not drop it's running state (continuing to use 30 hours of the 200 we're given each month). I therefore assumed it was an issue with the client, but it sounds like you're telling me it could be the bot.

It was Mike's Bankstander, which is new, and has been awesome. @michael5555

Unsure, which bot was it specifically? Runelite and Runemate have had some big updates in the past month so it could be either that caused this.

I'd double check to see when the bot was last updated via the bot store / bot information thread and go from there.

Unsure, which bot was it specifically? Runelite and Runemate have had some big updates in the past month so it could be either that caused this.

I'd double check to see when the bot was last updated via the bot store / bot information thread and go from there.

It was Mike's Bankstander.
First release: Jun 3, 2024
Last update: Saturday at 6:23 AM

I'll check with Mike and see if there are any known issues.

Thank you.

Mod Automation

Hi, yes, I know how to get logs. I said in my original post that I'd be happy to send them to anyone who requested them.

I'm only replying again now because something is definitely going on here. It happened again, this time with a paid bot.
Please see my reply to the bot author here:

As he said last time:

Sorry, out of my control. The best my code can do is call `bot.stop()`, anything after that is client related :D